Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today I minimized the amount of energy that I didn't use. I did not use the following objects: phone, tablet, television, computer, car (unnecessary driving), light, and iPod. For the first five hours it was not difficult, I was able to get a lot of homework done without using any electricity. After, I was eager to watch some football or grab my phone to check the score for my fantasy league. So I decided to workout, to ease my mind off the things I wanted to do. I was able to work out for two hours and it made it easier to not want to do things I wanted to do. I actually had to go to work after so I ate and went straight to work until 11 o'clock at night. I got home and went straight to bed because I had work at 6 in the morning. It was easier for me to accomplish this task because I was able to keep my mind occupied with other things. Whether if it was work or if it was doing homework. Some of the things that I was able to cut back were watching TV. I already don't watch as much already it just came to me that I don't have to watch football if I didn't have the time. I knew I had options to watch football or check the scores so it made it that much easier. It was very difficult not being able to pick up my phone to call someone or to simply to go on the internet. If I could continue this process I could probably reduce the amount of light I use. If I'm not in the room I'll turn off the light or I will go into a room where light is already being used. In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to give up my car, phone, laptop, or tablet. I use all of those materials for good use, and for my phone I would probably go crazy without it for more than a 24 hour period. Like I said earlier I could reduce the amount of light that I use. Also, driving to unnecessary places, because I could save gas and money. I could improve my homes consumption of energy by replacing standard light bulbs to energy efficient ones. Also solar power would also help increase energy efficiency. When I was walking around my backyard I noticed that my father uses a lot of water for hid plants and out water fountain. We could use a dripping system to water hid plants instead of the sprinklers. Finally, error can reuse or recycle the water that is being used for the water fountain. If everyone were to figure out all of the things we don't really need, we could improve our environment and we can cut back on all the unnecessary consumption of energy.

2 comments:

  1. Going a day was annoying but kind of peaceful great blog good work bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found the electronics I use daily are distracting. I am able to accomplish tasks more efficiently without pandora, Hulu, and my cell phone on.

    ReplyDelete