Sunday, November 25, 2012

Trip to the landfill!!!


The landfill was actually an interesting experience. I learned a lot of factual information and I was really surprised about certain things. One of the things that I thought was interesting was what they did with the televisions and the refrigerator. I didn’t know that they take out every little part from whatever is recyclable. Also I didn’t know that they receive income for selling some of the parts that they receive. Another interesting thing was how they receive methane gas from the trash. I was really amazed about that and also how they are able to sell that to Edison so it could be used to power some houses. That is a very interesting approach on try to go green; using the material we simply throw away. The last thing would have to be when I seen how they actually process the trash. I seen the tractors compressing the trash and moving it around, it was really interesting. One thing I really noticed was the birds, they were everywhere and it was kind cool to see all of those birds flying in circle. Final thought I liked how they gave us the orange vest I could use that for useful things. Thanks for the interesting trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment